LITTLE ROCK — The Arkansas Legislative Black Caucus said Tuesday it will hold a series of town hall meetings in eight Arkansas cities in June and July to engage constituents on legislative issues related to the recent regular and special legislative sessions.
“The Caucus is holding these meetings to inform and just be accountable to the approximately 350,000 people we represent throughout the state,” Legislative Black Caucus Chairman Rep. Vivian Flowers, D-Pine Bluff, said in a news release. “There were over 2,000 bills filed in the general session and about a dozen in the May special session that we will ensure that our constituents access and understand.”
The meetings, all scheduled to start at 6 p.m. will be held at:
• Fort Smith, June 1 at Pro-Pack Logistics.
• Pine Bluff, June 12 in Caldwell Hall at the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff.
• North Little Rock, June 19 at the North Little Rock Chamber of Commerce.
• West Memphis, June 22 at Arkansas State Mid-South College.
• Marianna, July 6 at MJ’s Grill.
• Blytheville, July 13 at Arkansas Northeastern College.
• Camden, July 24 at Southern Arkansas University Tech.
• Little Rock, July 27 at Willie L. Hinton Neighborhood Resource Center.