Mike Anderson probably would just as soon not see the state of Mississippi for a while.

Mike Anderson probably would just as soon not see the state of Mississippi for a while.

Arkansas went a string of more than six minutes without a field goal and went the first 11:33 of the second half to crack double-digits scoring as Ole Miss handled the Razorbacks on Saturday afternoon at The Pavilion, 76-60.

It was not as bad offensively as Tuesday down the road in Starkville, but it was close. Dusty Hannahs, the team’s leading scorer on the season, went scoreless. Anthlon Bell, the No. 3 guy, had 16 and Moses Kingsley did his usual, collecting 19 and 13 rebounds, but all but two of those points came in the first half.

But there was almost nothing else. The cold stretch, foul trouble and little help consistency meant Arkansas simply did not score often enough.

The Razorbacks shot 5 of 28 in the second half and 31.6 percent overall. They led, actually, by two points in the first half. At one point, even, by 11 points. At the exact same mark of the second, though, they trailed by that many. Manny Watkins’ driving lay-up four minutes after the half cut Ole Miss’ lead to two points, 43-41. Arkansas wouldn’t make another field goal until Anthlon Bell made a corner 3-pointer at the 10:34 mark.

By then Ole Miss had stretched its lead to 10. It took another Bell 3, this one with 8:27 left, before Arkansas reached even 10 second-half points as Anderson’s wanted defense began to slack.

Arkansas held Ole Miss to 33 percent shooting in the first. The Razorbacks had forced nine turnovers and limited Ole Miss to just one point off their miscues. The smother had even kept Stefan Moody, the second-leading scorer in the SEC, without a field goal, 0 for 8, in the opening 20 minutes.

But Kingsley was about all Arkansas had going. He scored 15 of the team’s 37 points in the first half and Whitt added another nine. Hannahs could only play 10 minutes having picked up two fouls.

It was not a recipe for long-term success and when Hannahs picked up two more fouls in the first three minutes in the second half, it became even harder. With five minutes left, Arkansas was in the midst of a 2 for 15 stretch of field goals that sealed any chance of a comeback.

Ole Miss did nothing special to counter other than just avoid playing poorly. Moody finished with 17 on 4 of 17 shooting and was joined in double figures by four other players, including Tomasz Gielo, who had 15. Jimmy Whitt was Arkansas’ third-leading scorer with nine points.

Arkansas was outrebounded 47 to 29 and ended the game just 1 of its last 13 from the floor. The Razorbacks return to Bud Walton Arena for three-game home stretch, beginning Wednesday against Auburn.